When choosing an entrance door to an apartment, first of all, you need to consider the reliability, safety and aesthetics of a particular model. Recently, entrance doors with a mirror have become very popular. The idea of installing a mirror cloth inside the door structure is not new, but until now there are debates about the practicality of this kind of product. In this article we will consider the main advantages, disadvantages and features of the manufacture of entrance doors with a mirror. All this will help you to make the final conclusion - whether the novelty of your money is worth it or not.
Advantages and disadvantages
According to the designers, the entrance door is a key element of the interior, from the appearance of which depends the design of the hallway and the general perception of an apartment or a country house. Now the market has a large number of door structures with mirrors installed inside, such models are in great demand in Russia, the CIS countries and in Europe.
Door leaves are distinguished by an interesting design, an abundance of shapes and colors of glass inserts. However, such models perform not only a decorative function.
As with any design, an entrance door to an apartment with a mounted mirror has advantages and disadvantages of use. The advantages of the product include:
- Practicality. Before going outside, you can study your outfit in detail, thanks to a full-length mirror.
- Increase the space. With the help of an entrance door with a mirror installed inside, you can create the illusion of an infinitely long corridor and visually enlarge the room (this option is perfect for small apartments and small hallways).
- Ease and neutrality. Thanks to all the same mirror door leaf visually seems easier. In addition, this door fits well into any room, with any style design.
Metal door designs with mirror elements on the inside are very practical and easy to use. They do not require special care and allow you to radically transform the apartment. Many designers use this technique - with the help of mirrors you can "push the frame" of the interior.
In studio apartments or studio apartments, the installation of such a product will create the impression of a larger space.
If you are just going to use the front door with a mirror in your hallway, then first of all you need to study the disadvantages of such structures. These include:
- Difficult and long installation of accessories. Difficulties are caused by cutting openings for a call, a lock or a handle, especially problematic if the mirror insert is on the entire canvas.
- Difficulties in replacing the mirror. Metal doors with glass inside are difficult to dismantle. To replace the insert, you will have to remove the canvas and all the accessories, carry the construction to the workshop and carry out the replacement already there.
- High price. Powder-coated mirrors or venetian glass are very expensive.
- Big weight of a design. Depending on the thickness and size of the glass, reliable canopies and hinges are installed that can withstand heavy loads. However, such a door leaf is very massive.
- Special care requirements. You need to take care of the glass, in time to remove dust and dirt from the surface. In the shops you can find special cleaning products for these purposes.
It should be noted that most of the drawbacks of door designs with mirrors are characteristic only for cheap models. Manufacturers are still at the stage of manufacturing doors trying to eliminate the problems that could arise during the replacement or during operation of the product. To do this, iron doors are equipped with locking mechanisms of the hidden type - the so-called invisible.
The absence of a keyhole protects the surface from damage, even if the key is incorrectly used.
Iron doors with a mirror inside are made using the same technology as traditional models. The only difference is in the finishing of the finished metal construction, that is, in the process of fixing glass parts. There are two methods of fixing mirrors: using mounting glue (for small inserts) and using special fasteners.
When the adhesive method of fixing small mirror elements as a supplement used double-sided tape. This allows you to significantly increase the depreciation properties of the canvas. A mirror can be of any shape and size, and this is precisely the reason for the variety of methods of fixation. To install large mirror surfaces, you will need special frames around the perimeter, screws, screws.
There are three ways to finish the door - on the inside, on the outside and on both sides. The first method is more practical, the second is used only for mounting inserts outside. In the latter case, the mirror canvas requires additional protection from mechanical impact (raids of vandals).
Variety of models
Iron entrance doors with mirror inserts are distinguished by an unusual appearance and a variety of finishes. Mirrors can be of various colors, shapes and degrees of reflection. Below the photo shows the standard samples of mirror inserts, which are based on the majority of manufacturing companies.
Steel doors with bronze details or elements under gold and silver look advantageous. Frosted plexiglass is also an excellent complement to the door design. In terms of reliability and durability, such products are no worse than products made from MDF panels. The main disadvantage is only the high price.
The selection of the material of the door construction depends on the purpose of the purchased product. When installing a door with a mirror in a private house, the surface should have additional protection. Better if it is iron or steel. For apartments, an excellent option is the interior decoration, it is more practical and allows you to visually expand the space.
You can decorate the hallway with the help of door lighting (lamps are mounted directly into the slopes).
Entrance doors with mirrors are not inferior in practicality, durability, reliability and ease of use to other models. However, choosing a door to the hallway with mirror inserts, do not forget that such a product requires special care. And you should not save on such products, because the quality - the key to a long product life.