For any housewife cleaning the carpet is a problematic task, especially if there are children in the house. The most problematic contaminants are spots formed by clay. Therefore, many mothers wonder how to remove clay from the carpet quickly and efficiently without the involvement of specialists. There are several ways to clean the carpet from stains in the home, in this article we consider the most effective of them.
Easy removal options
In practice, there are quite effective ways with which you can qualitatively remove the clay left by the kids on the carpet surface. This can be done both mechanically and chemically. More detail on how to remove clay from the carpet by mechanical means.
Using low temperatures
A good way to clean clay from the carpet is to use low temperatures. In the case when it is cold outside and frost, and the carpet itself has small dimensions, it can be taken outside and left for some time. Lumps of clay from a low temperature will harden well and they can be picked off with a sharp object, for example, with a knife.
How can I remove plasticine from the carpet, if it is hot outside? In this case, ice cubes come to the rescue:
- In a special mold pour water and put in the freezer.
- After some time, remove the resulting cubes and place in a plastic bag.
- In place with plasticine on top, apply ice for about 15-20 minutes.
- When the material hardens, otkovyrnite it with a sharp object, brush off the remnants carefully.
After the clay is removed, you must immediately thoroughly vacuum the carpet to collect all the smallest pieces. Otherwise, they can soften and smear again with a thin layer.
Sometimes little sculptors have time to smear the clay well on the surface of the carpet. In this case, the freezing method is absolutely not effective, especially if the product has a long nap. An absolutely opposite way of cooling will come to the rescue - you will need to use an iron and a napkin or a paper towel.
Cleaning stages with thermal effects:
- It is necessary to turn the carpet and put it on the surface of the wrong side up.
- Napkins are spread out in the field of formation of a spot (both on its front part, and from a wrong side).
- They take an iron and heat it by first setting the regulator on one or two.
- After the required temperature has been reached, the polluted area is ironed with a hot iron in a thorough manner.
- It is recommended to constantly change the napkins so that during the melting of the clay its remnants are well absorbed. The procedure is repeated until it is possible to completely remove the clay from the surface.
- At the last stage, it is necessary to scrub the spot formation spot with an alcohol-containing compound.
Since the method involves the use of high temperatures, you must first ensure that the material is heat resistant. To do this, make a trial ironing through a napkin on some corner.
Important! The hot method is strictly not suitable for carpets that are made on the basis of glue.
Many housewives do not particularly bother and begin to remove clay in a rough way. To do this, they initially try to remove the clay from the coating with a sharp object, then try to wipe the area cleaned with alcohol or soap and a brush. After the surface has dried, they clean the carpet with a vacuum cleaner.
Chemical cleaning products
Sometimes mechanical cleaning of dirt on the carpet is not enough. Plasticine in its composition contains fats and dyes, which leave their marks on the surface of the product. Especially carefully treat the process of removing stains, if the carpet has a light color. In this case, you should resort to chemical cleaning, which is performed by various means. We list all the known options, how to clean the carpet from plasticine by chemical means.
You can remove fatty stains from plasticine using ordinary alcohol. This is especially true for soft types of plastic masses. To do this, cotton swabs are abundantly moistened with alcohol and try to wipe off the stain. It is necessary to rub with a special method, moving from the edges of the spot to its middle. The procedure must be repeated until it is possible to completely wipe the stain.
Experts note that alcohol effectively removes stains not only from clay, but also from different types of ink, inscriptions with a felt-tip pen and a marker.
Wash stains left after clay, you can ordinary detergents. For the carpet most often used "Vanish". With it, you can easily clean the carpets or use the tool purposefully to remove stains of different origin, including from clay. Its excellent antibacterial properties are also noted.
The purification procedure consists of the following steps:
- Water is poured into the basin and a certain amount of Vanish is added to it to clean the carpets.
- Using a sponge or simply with your hand, beat the liquid until a thick foam is formed. Foam is applied to the surface of the carpet.
- The carpet is left for some time until completely dry. After that, the carpet must be carefully walked with a vacuum cleaner.
If Vanisha was not in the house, you can prepare a solution of water with ordinary dishwashing detergent. Its properties include the ability to clean the fat well.
In cases where Vanish and dishwashing detergent could not wash the stain, they resort to more serious substances. These include different solvents: white spirit, acetone, gasoline, ammonia. All of them perfectly clean up all sorts of pollution, but they have several drawbacks to use. One of them is a rather strong odor that is harmful to children.
Let's take a closer look at how to remove plasticine stains from the carpet using a solvent:
- It is necessary to check the effect of the agent on the surface of the product. To do this, perform a simple test: put the tool in the unobtrusive area. After making sure that the product does not lose color and its structure does not deform, you can proceed to the treatment of the stain.
- Using a sponge moistened with a solvent, apply the composition to the soiled areas and wait about 5 minutes.
- Using a dry sponge or cloth, remove the sticky mass. If the first time it was not possible to completely get rid of the stain, then continue to clean with a sponge with a solvent until it disappears. Movement should be carried out from the edge of the spot to its center.
- In conclusion, the residual solvent can be washed with a soap solution, after which it is necessary to wash the area with clean water.
When using solvents, it is necessary to perform cleaning either in the open air or in a well-ventilated area. There should be no children or pets nearby.
Good results in the cleaning of plasticine spots and gives the usual soap solution. It is necessary to perform a simple procedure:
- Pour some warm water into the basin.
- On a grater rub a certain amount of soap.
- Mix thoroughly and beat until thick foam is determined.
- A sponge is applied to the surface of the carpet with a sponge and left to dry completely.
- After the surface has dried, it must be cleaned with a cloth that has a microfiber structure.
- If the first time you wash the pollution completely failed, the procedure should be repeated.
All presented methods for removing clay from carpet are quite effective and able to save the day. This can be seen if you read the relevant articles and comments to them. In the case when it was not possible to do it with your own hands, you need to turn to professionals for dry cleaning, although the service costs a lot. In this case, it is not necessary to drag the carpet to the reception point, because many companies perform the service at home.