In Russian conditions, the operation of heating systems is an extremely important issue.
In any case, the heating system in the summer should be prevented so that it can work properly in the winter. An autonomous heating system needs even more prevention than a large urban one.
Unfortunately, not all residents of private homes are aware of the need for periodic preventive cleaning of heating. Therefore, heating systems are much more likely to fail than it could be. Moreover, breakdowns always occur unexpectedly.
How to monitor the heating system in the summer?
In summer, you need to remove the coolant from it, or more simply, drain the water. In an empty system, the quality of the pipes and batteries, the reliability of the connections and the degree of contamination of the system are checked.
In warm time, it is easier to eliminate all possible malfunctions in order to avoid various unnecessary problems in the winter, when uninterrupted operation of the heating system is necessary.
- First of all, you need to examine the system in detail for leaks. If there is a leak in the heating pipe, it can be identified by a rusty shade on the surface of the battery or pipe, there may also be traces of moisture dripping onto the floor, usually they are localized at the joints of the pipes.
- As soon as you can locate the leak, you need to reconnect the pipe fragments here or seal the radiator sections so that the system does not depressurize in the winter and big problems start.
- The water in the system must be replaced annually, since it is usually untreated there and it must be cleaned of impurities that could contaminate the stream due to corrosion processes in the pipeline, as well as waste from the boiler.
After draining the water, flush the system, until the water supplied to the inlet is bright and clean, as soon as you achieve this effect, you can fill the system. The boiler also needs to be inspected annually, be sure to inspect the heating elements in them, if necessary, they must be cleaned, check the contacts in the starter box, they must be sanded, loosen the wire connections and tighten again so that there are no poor-working connections.
If you have a gas boiler, it is best that the preventive maintenance is carried out by the specialists who installed it, who have access to work with gas appliances. They must check the quality of the connections in the communications, at home this can be done with soap foam, if you apply it to the pipe connection area, you also need to look at the chimney, burner and the functioning of the ignition system.
Even if the boiler is removed from the warranty, you cannot disconnect the gas lines and clean the burner yourself. If you are carrying out boiler preventive maintenance on solid fuel, you need to clean the furnace, pyrolysis chamber and chimney.
All these works can be carried out using a special metal brush, you should have a minimum of soot and deposits, so that the system is as clean as possible. Of course, heating does not work in the summer, but it is necessary to prepare for winter.
- There is also a chemical flushing of heating systems, it can be done not every year, but depending on how high quality water you use.
- If a specially purified liquid is used, then you don’t have to do it at all, but if you use ordinary water, during the operation of the system you will get scale that can impede the circulation of water and reduce the efficiency of the system, that is, chemical washing is necessary. To do this, you need a special pump, you can buy or rent it.
- The chemical composition must be selected individually, it depends on the characteristics of the boiler and pipes, it should be selected by specialists. Flushing the system should last about an hour, after which, thoroughly wash the remaining fluid from the pipeline, this can be done using plain water.
After washing, small leaks will remain in it, which before this were clogged with scale or corrosive chips, after washing, test the system with high water pressure, that is, you need to pressure test.
The system must be put under pressure up to 0.6 MPa, the pressure pumped up by the pump must be kept for at least 20 minutes, at this time the condition of the pipes is checked and the stability of the pressure sensor readings in the system is analyzed. If the readings have changed by less than 0.01 MPa, then the system is operating normally and is airtight.
In most systems, heating occurs by heating water, this is the main heat carrier, it must be as clean as possible, ordinary tap water is hard, it contains a lot of impurities, so it accelerates corrosion in pipes and radiators.
It is always better to use the most purified water, rainwater is a good option, melt filtered is also suitable, sometimes boiled water or water softened with the help of special inhibitors is used.
If you take this work as responsibly as possible and entrust it to professional specialists, then at any winter temperature your home will be warm and cozy.