SVP is used when laying tiles and is designed to facilitate the tasks of the master in relation to deriving the ideal level. A similar device replaces plastic crosses. It has the form of wedges with clamps and consists of two parts.
The basis is struts that regulate the position of the tile relative to neighboring elements. However, in order for them to be of real use, the position is fixed with wedges. The tile is exposed so that the height differences are leveled, and the glue is evenly distributed under the coating. In other words, the system averages the position of adjacent tiles, which allows you to achieve a flat surface.
Large elements are laid on a double layer of glue, otherwise the system will not cope with the task.
Even an unprofessional tiler will be able to implement SVP
Advantages and disadvantages
Such a device managed to win the recognition of masters, however, some still reject its use, considering it not only useless, but also complicating the process of laying tiles. To understand the appropriateness of the application, we consider the advantages and disadvantages.
Advantages of SVP:
- Flat floor. Allows you to set the optimal level in the plane. This not only affects the quality and appearance of the masonry, but also increases the life of the coating. To set the level with the help of this device is much faster and easier than using traditional methods.
- Same seams. The base of the system is inserted between the tiles, and therefore perfectly replaces the plastic crosses. The exact distance between the fragments, the same over the entire area, is fixed.
- Even distribution of glue. If the floor surface is not perfectly flat, this defect is leveled by means of an adhesive composition. The solution fills the voids and disperses along the plane if protrusions are present on it. It is especially important when a thick layer of glue is used, since it is rather difficult to manually perform such work.
- Prevents subsidence of tiles. Even after the surface dries, the floor will retain its level and will not sag under the influence of loads.
- Fixes a tile during drying. The usual masonry, drying up, changes its position: it sags, shifts, jumps around the edges. Clips eliminate this drawback and firmly press the tile to the base, fixing it in one position until the fasteners are removed.
Such a system has many advantages.
The disadvantages of the method:
- time spent on installing and removing wedges;
- difficulty in cleaning seams;
- additional expense of money for the purchase of SVP.
There are two types. The first is the standard economy option. The second is more advanced and improved. Standard SVP is used in most cases, especially if there are no significant differences on the coated plane. The base element has an even base and is clamped on top by a wedge. Thus, the position of the tile is fixed, the same seams are exposed, and small irregularities are smoothed out.
The premium class system, in addition to the greater cost, has a specific structure - the base of the intersutoral insert has a curved shape. At first, this seems like a flaw and is perplexing, why is it better? However, despite the fact that initially the base shifts the tile, after it is fixed with a clamp, self-alignment occurs. The plate bends as much as is necessary for smooth tile laying and glue distribution relative to existing floor defects.
How to use
The tile alignment system is very easy to handle. Of course, when laying tiles with their own hands, a beginner will need more time to expose all the elements, but it guarantees an excellent result according to the result of the masonry.
Technology involves the use of special tools
How to apply SVP:
- Apply glue to the surface of the floor with a notched trowel.
- Place the first tile and fasten along the edges along the two bases of the SVP.
- Put the second one.
- Lock the inserts with wedges. Do the same on the other side.
- Adjust the clamp until it is firmly locked.
- Clean the seams from the exposed adhesive without disturbing the position of the tile.
If you do not remove the adhesive at the joints of the tile, after drying it will be very difficult to remove, and this will affect the strength of the coating.
Whether such a device is needed or whether you can do without it is up to you. If you want to get a flat surface, you should use all available methods.
We recommend watching the video: